Vimeo for Windows Advanced Uploader
Vimeo for Windows Advanced Uploader is designed to upload one file at a time. For an upload queue and to upload multiple files simultaneously try Vimeo for Windows Queue.
Vimeo for Windows Advanced Uploader is a Windows based client that allows you to upload your video clips to Vimeo. This application lets you control every step in the upload process. Some of its notable features are:
- Manual control over chunk size and the number of chunks, so users with fast and reliable connections can upload fewer and larger chunks and users with slow and unreliable connections can upload in smaller chunks.
- Parallel chunk uploading: Chunks can be uploaded in parallel to increase the upload speed.
- Control over the order of chunks for uploading
- Supports replacing existing videos
- Resume support
- Proxy support
- Multi-user support: OAuth Tokens and Upload Tickets can be stored in individual files and used when needed.
- Open source: You can download its source code and use it in your own applications
- It’s free!
You can download Vimeo for Windows Advanced Uploader from Codeplex.
Step by step user’s guide:
After logging onto Vimeo and getting an OAuth access token, you will be allowed to begin uploading a video file. To do this, choose the New Ticket… item from the Upload menu. The New Ticket dialog appears:
In this dialog, you can choose the video file you want to upload, and specify the size of the chunks or their count. You may also choose to replace an existing video on Vimeo. To do so, press the Browse… button in the Existing video information box. The video picker dialog appears:
In this dialog you can choose a video from your videos on Vimeo and see its details. After filling the ticket form, press Get Ticket to get an upload ticket from Vimeo. The ticket will be remembered by the application until the upload is completed or a new ticket is obtained. You can also save the ticket in a file by choosing the Save Ticket… item from the Upload menu.
After the ticket is obtained, you can see the chunks in the Chunks box. To upload the chunks, simply select them and press Upload. To upload in multiple threads, select each group of chunks and press Upload for each group individually. The chunks indicated with colors are being uploaded.
After all chunks are uploaded, or if the application is closed and reopened, you can press the Verify / Resume button to verify the uploaded chunks and find the chunks that still need to be uploaded.
Once all chunks are verified, you can press the Finish button to complete the upload process.
The upload process is completed and you can now wait for the video to be transcoded and get ready for viewing.